Visit Us In Person
- Ogden. 2540 Washington Blvd. 6th floor. Ogden, Utah 84401.
- Provo. 150 East Center #1300. Provo, Utah 84606. 801-374-7070.
- Salt Lake City. 210 North 1950 West. Salt Lake City, Utah 84116. 801-297-2200, option “0”
- Washington County – Tax Commission. 100 South 5300 West. Hurricane, Utah 84737. 435-251-9520.
- Utah State Tax Commission. 210 N 1950 W. Salt Lake City, UT 84134-0260. If you have e-filed your Utah return you usually do not need to mail anything to the state. If you owe taxes you can mail your check and payment coupon ( Form TC-547 ) to the address above for returns with payments. 0.
How do I file Utah state taxes?
You have the following two options to file a UT tax extension:
- Pay your UT income taxes online at Utah’s Taxpayer Access Point.
- Complete Form TC-546 and include a Check or Money Order. Mail both to the address on Form TC-546.
- You will still need to file your UT tax return either via eFile or by paper by Oct.
Do you mail your state and federal tax return to the same place?
Do not mail the federal and state returns together in the same envelope! They do not go to the same place. When you print out your returns there should be instructions that tell you where to mail them. When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s.
When can I file my Utah state taxes?
Utah residents now have until July 15, 2020, to file their state returns and pay any state tax they owe for 2019. As with the federal deadline extension, Utah won’t charge interest on unpaid balances between April 15 and July 15, 2020.
How do I mail my tax return?
Use the U.S. Postal Service® to mail your tax return, get proof that you mailed it, and track its arrival at the IRS. Mailing Tips
- Send to the Correct Address. Check the IRS website for where to mail your tax return.
- Use Correct Postage. Weigh your envelope and apply the right amount of postage.
- Meet the Postmark Deadline.
Can Utah amended returns be filed electronically?
Amended Returns – Utah supports electronic filing for Amended Returns. There is no separate form for an amended return.
Where can I file my state taxes for free?
Credit Karma Tax is always 100% free. It’s $0 to file both state and federal tax returns. Even if you’re taking deductions or credits, it won’t cost you a penny, ever. Credit Karma Tax® is the smart, simple and 100% free way to file your taxes from start to finish.
What is tap Utah?
Businesses and representatives (accountants, bookkeepers, payroll professionals, etc.) can use TAP to manage their Utah business tax accounts. Individuals can use TAP to file current year Utah tax returns, check status of a refund, make payments, request a payment agreement and request a waiver.
How do I attach tax forms?
Arrange any supporting statements in the same order as the schedules or forms they support and attach them last. – Attach a copy of Forms W-2, W-2G and 2439 to the front of Form 1040. Also attach Forms 1099-R if tax was withheld. – Use the coded envelope included with your tax package to mail your return.
How do I send documents to the IRS?
Visit www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov or call 877-777-4778. Complete this form, and mail or fax it to us within 30 days from the date of this notice. If you use the enclosed envelope, be sure our address shows through the window.
Do I send federal return with state?
You have to mail your Federal return to the IRS. You have to mail your state return to your state tax agency. The IRS does not need or want your state tax return. The instructions that print out when you print your returns to file by mail clearly tell you where to mail them.
Is Utah extending the tax deadline?
Utah will follow suit with the federal government in pushing back the date that taxes are due, the State Tax Commission said Wednesday. The Utah tax filing deadline will be extended to May 17 this year.
Has Utah extended the tax deadline?
Wednesday evening, the Utah State Tax Commission announced the state will follow suit with the federal government and extend the tax filing deadline to May 17. This is the second consecutive year the IRS has delayed the federal tax filing deadline.
Is Utah processing tax returns?
It can take up to 90 days for the Utah Tax Commission to process your state tax return and your refund, depending on when and how it was filed. If you filed your refund electronically, you should have your refund in 7 to 21 days. The Utah Tax Commission does not issue refund checks or direct deposits on refunds.