Taxpayers may check the status of their Louisiana individual income tax return refunds using the Department’s automated system. Have your social security number and refund amount ready, then dial 1-888-829-3071 toll-free and follow the instructions. This service is available 24 hours a day.
How do you check your Louisiana Tax Refund?
- BATON ROUGE – If you’re wondering where your state income tax refund is, you can check the status online using the Louisiana Department of Revenue’s “Where’s My Refund?” app. Just visit www.revenue.louisiana.gov/refund and enter your social security number, tax year, your filing status, and the refund amount shown on your tax return.
Where is my state of Louisiana tax refund?
Once you have filed, you can check the status of your refund using the following methods:
- Visit “Where’s My Refund?” at www.revenue.louisiana.gov/refund.
- Submit an Individual Refund Status email inquiry.
- Call 888-829-3071.
Are Louisiana tax refunds delayed?
The department has responded to increasing occurrences of tax fraud by implementing enhanced security measures to protect Louisiana taxpayers. This means it will take additional time to process refunds. For paper returns, taxpayers should expect to wait as long as 14 weeks.
How do I find out where my state refund check is?
To see if your state tax return was received, you can check with your state’s revenue or taxation website. There, you can find out if your refund is being processed. Or, you can get further contact information to confirm that your return was received.
How do I contact Louisiana Department of Revenue?
What would you like to do?
- Check the status of your refund: WHERE’S MY REFUND?
- Send email inquiry concerning: Refund Status. Billing Notice Received.
- Submit an Address Change: Address Change Request.
- Contact the department at 1-855-307-3893.
- Provide feedback concerning your interaction with the department’s Call Center.
Do I owe Louisiana state taxes?
To verify your tax liability for individual income tax, call LDR at (225) 219-0102. To verify your tax liability for business taxes, you can review your liabilities online using the Louisiana Taxpayer Access Point (LaTAP) system.
How long does it take to get state taxes back?
Generally, you can expect to receive your state tax refund within 30 days if you filed your tax return electronically. If you filed a paper tax return, it may take as many as 12 weeks for your refund to arrive – or longer, if your state has been or still is under social distancing restrictions.
What is LaTAP?
LaTAP – Louisiana Taxpayer Access Point LaTAP is a powerful web-based tool that allows taxpayers to file returns, make payments, and view their account history and activity online.
Why is my refund taking so long?
Here’s a list of reasons your income tax refund might be delayed: Your tax return has errors. You filed for the earned income tax credit or additional child tax credit. Your return needs further review.
How can I speak to someone from the IRS?
How to speak directly to an IRS agent
- Call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 during their support hours.
- Select your language, pressing 1 for English or 2 for Spanish.
- Press 2 for questions about your personal income taxes.
- Press 1 for questions about a form already filed or a payment.
- Press 3 for all other questions.
How can I track my refund without exact amount?
Call the toll-free number.
- The IRS has 2 toll-free numbers you can call. The first is the IRS Refund Hotline, which can be reached at 800-829-1954.
- The TeleTax system at 800-829-4477 provides general tax information as well as your current refund status. It is also available 24/7.
What number do I call to check on my state refund?
Call us at 800-829-1954 (toll-free) and either use the automated system or speak with an agent.