- To change versions of TurboTax, you will need to clear your return and start over. You can do this as long as you have not paid for or registered your product yet. Sign in to TurboTax Online and open your return by clicking the orange Take me to my return button.
How do I change my TurboTax package?
How do i change my turbotax program
- Sign in to TurboTax Online and open your return by clicking the orange Take me to my return button.
- With your screen maximized, click My Account (at the top of your screen toward the right) and select Clear & Start Over.
- Answer Yes to Are you sure you want to clear your return?
How do I downgrade to the free version of TurboTax?
If you haven’t already done so, sign in to your TurboTax Online account and select the blue Take me to my return button. On the Welcome Back screen, in the left-side menu, select Tax Tools, and then select Clear & Start Over (click or tap the 3 lines in the upper-left corner if you don’t see this menu).
How do I downgrade my TurboTax?
How To Downgrade TurboTax For Free?
- Log into your TurboTax account and navigate to the “My Account” tab.
- Locate the “Clear & Start Over” option and select it.
- Now, you will be taken back to the beginning of your tax return where you can re-enter your 2020 tax-year data.
How do I switch from TurboTax Deluxe?
How do I remove turbo tax deluxe
- You should be signed in and working in TurboTax Online.
- In the left-hand black menu, click on Tax Tools.
- Then choose Clear and Start Over.
Why can’t I downgrade TurboTax?
To downgrade, you’ll need to clear and start over. Keep in mind that you won’t be able to do this if you’ve already submitted payment or deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund. You can also reduce your TurboTax fees by removing add-ons: Remove PLUS Help & Tools.
Why is TurboTax making me upgrade?
If we detect that your tax situation requires expanded coverage, like deductions for owning a home or self-employment income, we’ll prompt you to upgrade to a version that supports the forms you need so we can maximize your tax deductions and ensure you file an accurate return.
Do I need to upgrade to TurboTax Deluxe?
“To accurately complete your taxes, you need to upgrade to TurboTax Deluxe. The effect of not upgrading if you need schedule 1 is that you will not be able to enter capital gains, unemployment compensation, gambling income, student loan interest, teacher expenses, or self-employment tax, among other things.
How do I get out of paying TurboTax Deluxe?
If you haven’t already done so, sign in at TurboTax.com and select the blue Take me to my return button. On the welcome back screen, in the left-side menu, select Tax Tools, and then select Clear & Start Over (click or tap the 3 lines in the upper-left corner if you don’t see this menu).
Why is TurboTax making me pay for deluxe?
The regular Free Edition is for very simple returns and not everyone can use it. Certain forms are not available in Free Edition and require an upgrade to Deluxe, such as one of Schedules 1-3, itemized deductions, education credits, student loan interest, retirement savers credit, etc.