As can be seen, there are just 19 states that have ″universal″ helmet rules on the books at the moment. In these states, the wearing of a helmet is obligatory at all times, regardless of the rider’s age or any other relevant considerations. Nevada, New York, Oregon, New Jersey, North Carolina, Tennessee, and a number of other states fall under this category.
Get Competitive Quotes on Low-Cost Motorcycle Insurance in Your Area If you are at least 21 years old and want to ride a motorbike without wearing a helmet, it is allowed to do so in the majority of states. There are just 18 states and the District of Columbia that have laws that mandate all motorcyclists to wear helmets, and those laws are universal.
What are the different states with motorcycle helmet laws?
- Laws Regarding the Use of Motorcycle Helmets, State by State 1 Law requiring motorcyclists to wear helmets in Colorado Helmet use is voluntary in the state of Colorado for adults operating motorcycles or riding as passengers on such vehicles.
- The Connecticut Motorcycle Helmet Law applies to all operators and passengers under the age of 2.
- 3 Required Head Protection for Motorcyclists in Delaware 4 Motorcycle Helmet Law in the District of Columbia in Washington D.C.
- 5 Required Use of a Helmet in the State of Florida Additional things
Are helmets mandatory in Iowa and Indiana?
- Only motorcyclists and drivers under the age of 18 are required by law in the state of Indiana to wear protective headgear such as a helmet and glasses, goggles, or face shields that are see-through.
- There is no mandatory helmet use in Iowa.
- In 1976, the state legislature of Iowa decided to do away with its required helmet regulation.
- As of the year 2013, there are bills in Iowa’s legislature that would bring back the state’s obligatory helmet law.
What is the Universal motorcycle helmet law?
The ″Universal Motorcycle Helmet Law″ was enacted by the federal government of the United States all the way back in 1966. It was not a mandate for states to adopt obligatory helmet usage for their inhabitants; rather, it offered incentives (and penalties) for states to do so in order to encourage states to do so (federal funding was set aside for states that participated).
What are the laws for wearing a motorcycle helmet in Colorado?
Motorcycle Helmet Requirements in Colorado Laws Helmet use is mandated for drivers and passengers under the age of 18 in the state of Colorado. Both the helmet and the chip strap are required to be worn at all times when the motorbike is in motion. Helmets must meet or exceed the criteria specified by the United States Department of Transportation (DOT) for motorcycle helmets.